Re: Control not changing

Hi Andrew,

On Sat, 2002-06-22 at 16:08, Andrew Burr wrote:
> How do I get bonobo-activation-server to release the old version of my
> control? When I replace the old one with a new one bonobo-activation
> still gives me the old one. I do killall -HUP bonobo-activation for it
> to reread the configurations, but it doesn't seem to effect which
> version of my control I get. I am guessing there is some caching going
> on here.

	Well ... bonobo-activation-server needs to activate the executable from
the path that it inherits when it is run. If either a) your process
doesn't quit properly [1] or b) it is not installed properly then
bonobo-activation will stick with the old version.

	The best way to develop a Control, is by ensuring that there is no
version already running, ensuring you have your .server file installed,
and then running the executable from the console. Then you get all the
debugging output etc. for just the process you're interested in - and
it's easier to kill etc.

	Regards,

		Michael.

[1] - if your process doesn't quit properly then it will sit around
indefinately which is a 'very bad thing' TM.