Problem with installing from URI (A guess)

Hello all.
I am writting a program called Metacity-Setup, which, among other things, has a feature that allows the user to drag and drop a desktop file to the program to open up an install dialog (this is all just like the gtk2 theme installer, but simply for the metacity WM). However, if I try to install the theme (again, in the same way the gtk2 theme installer does), it 50% of the time does a hard freeze, so sigfault, nothing on the terminal but an "A". The other half of the time it works fine. I have been trying to figure out this problem for weeks, no exageration, but with no success. Any help you could provide would be greatly apreciated.

	Pete Snyder

The Metacity-Setup code can be found at:
	http://plastercast.tzo.com/~plastercast/Projects/