Re: Problems with panel applet

Hey,

On Fri, 15 Mar 2002, Gustavo Noronha Silva wrote:

> On Fri, 15 Mar 2002 18:32:00 -0300
> Gustavo Noronha Silva <kov debian org> wrote:
>
> >   /* creates the main applet */
> >   papplet = panel_applet_new ();
> never mind... here's the problem... papplet is already an applet, so I should
> not create a new one... it is working now... panel-applet documentation is not
> good as it is... panel_applet_new() doesn't get arguments, and the documentation
> says you should pass the 'toplevel' widget to panel_applet_new()... thanks to
> the headers I found out how to make it work =D

	The best way to figure out how to make applets for gnome 2.0
is to look at existing ones.
gnome-panel/libpanel-applet/test-bonobo-applet.c is a simple one.

	As far as docs go, the API docs are out of date, its just a
matter of someone getting the time to finish them. Also, I'll be doing
a talk on writing applets at GUADEC, and I'm sure the slides for that
will be posted somewhere ...

Good Luck,
Mark.