automated panel launchers for multiple users

Hi all,

Im new to gnome dev and interested in how to automate, perferably by script, the
creation a gnome app launchers.  I have " panel > add to panel > launcher .... " to create a
app launcher for root and now I would like to be able to automate this for users (in same group) as this would
be a nice feature for a user profile manager setup.

There is obviously more than copying ~/.gnome/panel.d/default/launcher/{myLanucher}.desktop files since this was the first hack I attempted :-)

Also, how much more difficult if the launchers are in a drawer ?

Any pointers or examples are appreciated.

PS : Im not on this mailing list so replies with CC joes rdsgmail jpl nasa gov would really help

Thanks, Joe

Joe Schartman
COE Kernel Project Developer
Northrop Grumman Information Technology, affiliated with JPL
320 N. Halstead St., Pasadena, CA 91107
JPL M.S.: 320/120/4
Email: joes rdsgmail jpl nasa gov
          jschartman pasadena feddata com