Re: Small embeddable scripting language ?

On Thu, 2002-11-28 at 06:12, Malcolm Tredinnick wrote:
> I'm not exactly sure why you want to ship the language with the
> application, since it feels more natural to me to use one of the
> languages that are likely to be on the user's system. So I may be
> steering you in the wrong directorion through ignorance. I'm also
> biased, since I would add Python scripting in a heartbeat, so my
> rose-coloured glasses may be interfering.

one of the plans I have in mind for libgnomeoffice (gnome-office module
in CVS) is to have a plugin service (an interface for a plugin to
implement) for scripting, which will allow access to many different
languages (perl, python, C#, Guile, etc) by having a plugin for each of
those languages implementing the service.

I think it would be a good idea to hack on a common solution (either in
gnome-office or in a libgplugin module or whatever) so that most GNOME
apps could take advantage of it.

I haven't worked much on gnome-office lately, but if people are
interested in that common solution, I can find a bit of free time to
hack at least on the basis for that plugin service.

cheers