Re: Starting my app w. sessions

On Tue, Nov 26, 2002 at 10:46:21PM +0100, Philip Van Hoof wrote:

> I am programming a service for the desktop, like the gnome-panel. How
> should I register my application with the session management so that it
> will be started once the session of the user is started (just like how
> the gnome-panel starts). My application is a non-GUI or daemon
> application but requires X and GNOME2.0. (The application is a clipboard
> managing daemon).

Just use the GnomeClient API in libgnomeui.
It has a lot of docs, though they are not the clearest thing on earth
(and most of the API isn't needed/useful).

You might find it helpful to look at some examples; gnome-terminal is
a relatively complicated one, gnome-utils probably has some simpler
ones.

Havoc