Re: Help me in the relationship between Xlib's windowID and GTK widget

Thank you all, I've know the window ID of B by XQueryTree and XFetchname, but the things is I can't send GTK event when I only know Xlib's window ID, the GtkWidget of the B application is needed.

I'm reading AT-SPI, it should be helpful. But it's designed for GNOME, if I want to port my application to KDE, how can I do? Does it have a universal interface?

Cheers!

  James Henstridge <james daa com au> wrote:

sarge Chris wrote:

> Thank your reply. Actually I want to implement one GTK application can
> simulate user input for other application, for example, my application
> can "fill" the editbox of B window, then "press" the OK button of B
> window, such actions are implemented by sending GTK event to them from
> my application, just like the user input to B.
>
> I've tried many ways to get the GtkWidget of editbox and button but no
> result, can I use gnome API or windows manager(such as sawfish) to do
> it, Or other method? I use C/C++.

You might want to investigate the at-spi APIs. This API is designed for
out of process accessibility tools to inspect the user interface of an
application, and activate the various actions made available by various
UI components.

It should provide the support necessary to do the sort of remote control
you are after (even though you aren't doing an accessibility specific app).

James.

--
Email: james daa com au | Linux.conf.au http://linux.conf.au/
WWW: http://www.daa.com.au/~~james/ | Jan 22-25 Perth, Western Australia.