Re: window inside window

Krzysztof Garus wrote:

Hello,

I'd like to put GtkDrawingArea in a scrollable window.  GtkScrolledWindow
is good, but it has scrollbars. My GtkDrawingArea is small, so scrollbars
looks ugly. If I set policy to GTK_POLICY_NEVER, then scrollbars are not
visible, BUT scrollbar has size of GtkDrawingArea. I want my drawingarea to
by only partially visible.

How can I do that?
It sounds like you are after the GtkViewport class. It will allow you to view a section of the child widget, and by manipulating its adjustments, you can change which portion is visible (in fact, it is used by GtkScrolledWindow for widgets that do not know how to scroll themselves).

James.

--
Email: james daa com au              | Linux.conf.au   http://linux.conf.au/
WWW: http://www.daa.com.au/~james/ | Jan 22-25 Perth, Western Australia.