Problem developing panel applet

Is this the right place to try to get help in writing a Gnome2 panel
applet? I asked for help with the Gnome1 version a while back and got no
answers, but I managed to work out for myself what I was doing wrong
eventually.

Now I'm stuck with the Gnome2 version of my applet. I've repeatedly
checked that my Bonobo .server file is in the same form as the docs and
the applets that come with Gnome2 (geyes, battstat etc), and that I'm
calling PANEL_APPLET_BONOBO_FACTORY in the same way. But my factory
callback function never seems to get called and I get an error box:

There was a problem loading applet 'OAFIID:GNOME_TgaugeApplet'

Details: Child process did not give an error message, unknown failure
occurred

--
TH * http://www.realh.co.uk