gnome_date_edit_new problem

I used gnome_date_edit_new in GLADE with the show-time flag set to FALSE.
When compiled the time element did not show, as is correct.

I then transferred the source to part of a larger project developed outside GLADE, with it's own makefile. When compiled, with flage for show-time still set to FALSE, and no other changes made in the original source built with GLADE, the time field appears in the run time module and I can not get it to disappear. Why the difference in results when compiled in the GLADE src dir and when used in another project which
is not GLADE?

Any ideas why or a fix?

Thanks,

Don