User customizable thumbnail generation (was Re: Suggestion for file type detection approach)

Rodney Dawes <dobey free fr> writes:

> Or because Totem isn't trying to thumbnail audio files on Windows.

BTW. This brings up another topic, is there currently any way to
customize the thumbnail generation (ie disable thumbnail generators or
add new ones)? Currently its quite confusing that only half of my xcf
files got thumbnails, while the other havn't (ie Gimp generates them
normally, but Nautilus itself can't when Gimp hasn't generated them).
I also have a handfull of other formats that I could generate
thumbnails for with two lines of shell script, but so far I haven't
found a way to plug such stuff easily into Nautilus.

JabberID: grumbel jabber org
ICQ:      59461927