Re: gnome-vfs/GIOChannel for parsing

On Thu, Mar 06, 2003 at 03:47:46AM -0500, Colin Walters wrote:

> Brief discussion of OpenOffice.org API:
> http://web.verbum.org/~walters/files/stream/x115.html#oooAPI

http://udk.openoffice.org/common/man/concept/streams.html

Is a better link for an overview.  In many ways their interfaces are
somewhat closer to what I'm aiming at by virtue of the clean split
between input and output.  The key difference would be error
handling where an exception handling would need to be far more
explicit.

In general I prefer gsf's read semantics with its more flexible
buffer handling (app passes or NULL to just have stram handle
internally) to OO's
    [out] sequence<octet>

but some of the other methods are worth considering, especially
their handling of size.