Re: ghelp as root

Joseph,

looks like gnome_help_display() has been broken since 2.0.
I spent some time trying to figure that one out and gave up.

I was told all I had to do is to set DATADIR and then call
gnome_help_display ("gwavmerger.xml", NULL, &error);

Well, it doesn't work.

If you are interested, take a look at code comments before
function help_contents_cb () here:

http://cvs.sourceforge.net/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/gwavmerger/gwavmerger/src/MainWindow.cpp?rev=1.6&content-type=text/vnd.viewcvs-markup

However, gnome-utils package that includes small utilities such as
calculator and dictionary display their help with Yelp just fine.

Hope this helps,
-Vlad

--
Vladislav Grinchenko <vladg dedalus 3rdShift com>