Re: Are there any easy methods to draw and update piechart than this?

I don't use canvases so don't know exactly but the gdk primitive to draw
arcs has begin and end angles parameters

Also I think there is a set of advanced widgets of that kind of things:

gtkextra.sf.net

HTH,

Maurizio Umberto Puxeddu.