Are there any easy methods to draw and update piechart than this?

Hi Gnomites,

Please let me know if there are there any easy methods to draw and update piechart than this.

I am developing a cluster management tool along with dynamic resource monitoring component. In GUI I have developed dynamically updated piecharts and barcharts to show sys-resources.(as you can see process bars in GTOP) .

I didn't use GnomeCanvasEllipse to draw the piechart, as the whole ellipse has to be filled by a single color. But I need different colors to be filled amongst the units of the piechart. (Eg. In a piechart showing meminfo, I need green for Memfree and orange for Mem used.)

 Hence I was forced to use 360 isosceles triangles with :

             length of a, b (of equal sides) =  radius,
length of c = 1 unit (converted to canvas unit)
             angle = 1 deg (converted to radian)

Using the above info I iterated a loop to draw 360 polygons(triangle)
and later I updated the polygon points using

  gtk_timeout_add()

and

gnome_canvas_item_set() in my callback to set the new color of the already created triangle .

    It is workin fine.

Please let me know if there are there any easy methods to draw and update piechart than this.

Thanks,

Praveen S Manja.

Impress your clients! Send mail from me @ mycompany.com .
Just Rs.1499/year.