Re: Are there any easy methods to draw and update piechart than this?

This function:
http://developer.gnome.org/doc/API/2.0/gdk/gdk-Drawing-Primitives.html#gdk-draw-arc

could be used.

praveen manja wrote:

Hi Gnomites,

Please let me know if there are there any easy methods to draw and update piechart than this.

I am developing a cluster management tool along with dynamic resource monitoring component. In GUI I have developed dynamically updated piecharts and barcharts to show sys-resources.(as you can see process bars in GTOP) .

I didn't use GnomeCanvasEllipse to draw the piechart, as the whole ellipse has to be filled by a single color. But I need different colors to be filled amongst the units of the piechart. (Eg. In a piechart showing meminfo, I need green for Memfree and orange for Mem used.)

 Hence I was forced to use 360 isosceles triangles with :

             length of a, b (of equal sides) =  radius,
             length of c     =     1 unit (converted to canvas unit)
             angle = 1 deg (converted to radian)

  Using the above info I iterated a loop to draw  360 polygons(triangle)
and later I updated the polygon points using

  gtk_timeout_add()

and

gnome_canvas_item_set() in my callback to set the new color of the already created triangle .

    It is workin fine.

Please let me know if there are there any easy methods to draw and update piechart than this.

Thanks,

Praveen S Manja.