Re: Gnome Desktop Language

Hello,

> I see it as the other way around. .net is unlikely to make an impact
> there in web services as Java is very much entrenched. Also the desktop
> performance of .net is pretty poor especially start up time, excessive
> memory consumption and of course you have to distribute a 20mb+
> framework just so that your .Net apps work on all ms platforms.

You can use a "linker" that will produce a fully embedded application
just with the things that you need:

	http://thinstall.com/help/?_netsupport.htm

And Mono has recently added this capability (1.1.3 released yesterday).

And .NET is part of the XP SP2 distribution, as well as being an
actively issue:

	http://dnjonline.com/article.aspx?ID=dec04_vs2005

Miguel.