Re: Can I get a handle to a widget in a GTK application from another application?

On 08-Jul-2004 Gustavo J. A. M. Carneiro wrote:

> A Qua, 2004-07-07 às 16:01, Kala B escreveu:
>> Can I get a handle to a widget in a GTK application from another
>> application?
>
>   No. 'Widget' is a data structure in a process, it does not exist in
> the X server.  You cannot normally share it.

However you can put a widget inside GtkEvenBox if it doesn't have its own X
window. GtkEventBox always has an X window.

Then use X11 specific GDK includes (they may be not installed on your
system!)

--
Victor Porton (porton ex-code com)
 http://ex-code.com - software company, custom software for low price