Setting GTK_MODULES to gail:atk-bridge crashes all GTK based applications

Hi,
I have installed at-spi-1.4.2. As per the instructions in the README, I tried out the examples in the test directory of the package.
Both the 'at' and 'app' run fine.
I set the environment variable GTK_MODULES to gail:atk-bridge and tried to run applications like gaim and nautilus.

gaim gave a segmentation-fault.

nautilus gave
GLib-GObject-WARNING **: cannot register existing type 'GailRangeFactory'
and many such warnings followed by assertions in gnome_segv.c file
lines 471, 453 and 572.
and crashed.

Could somebody guide me ?

Thanks in advance.

Regards
Kala

Yahoo! India Careers: Over 50,000 jobs online.