druid question

Hello,

I am trying to place FileChooserWidget inside the GnomeDruidPageStandard.
Everything works, except the file chooser browser is very tiny in the
vertical direction. Its vertical size does not follow the window when it
is resized. I tried setting its packing properties to EXPAND|FILL
and there does not seem to be any good method to do it.

The dirty workaround that works is to obtain parent and grandparent
of the embedded widget and then use gtk_box_set_child_packing() calls on
each of them to set EXPAND and FILL properties. This works because the widgets
added with gnome_druid_page_standard_append_item() turn out to be packed
inside two nested VBox-es/

This does not sound as a proper way to do things. Is there any proper method
that allows to achieve the desired packing?

BTW, this behavior is not specific to the FileChooserWidget. Any widget
appended to the druid page is not EXPAND|FILL in the vertical direction.
It just really sucks for the FileChooserWidget.

The inability to set the packing properties from the top level seems like
a deficiency to me. Should I file an enhancement bug, or am I missing
something obvious?

Thanks in advance for any pointers,
Alex

--
Alexander Roitman   http://ebner.neuroscience.umn.edu/people/alex.html
Dept. of Neuroscience, Lions Research Building