Re: how the wallpaper is displayed???

On Wed, 2004-07-21 at 08:09, Wang Qiang wrote:
> i'm using gnome 2.6 desktop environment
> my problem is how the wallpaper is displayed?

IIRC nautilus displays wallpapers.
As you pointed out, there is some gconf-key, controlling which file is
displayed.
Try manipulating
  /desktop/gnome/background/picture_filename
with your configuration editor or via
  gconf_client_get_string(
    pointertoclient,
    "/desktop/gnome/background/picture_filename",
    NULL
  )

I successfully manipulated my wallpaper instantly using the
configuration editor.

Hth,
kind regards,
Florian Schricker

--
Software X, Version 1, has well known bugs. Version 2 fixes them. That it
has new bugs is an unfortunate reality, but not a surprise.