Re: GnomeCanvas text item render speed issue

> ...some weeks ago I wrote an email to Federico Mena Quintero, but got no
> answer, maybe he isn't the GnomeCanvas maintainer anymore (or he's just
> too busy), can anyone tell me if there's a way to speed up this text
> creation process? I looked at the web and didn't found any reference to
> something similar to this problem :-(

Could you perhaps look into showing less at once? Perhaps allow the user
to zoon in on areas of the maps to see stars with names? Only show what
can be seen (eg not the stuff outside the scroll area)? Perhaps pre-
render it as a png and show that?

Can you speed up your algorithms in the drawing routine with pre-
calculations?

Ed Mack