Re: Evolution and support for rtl languages

On Fri, 2004-04-30 at 18:04, Alexander Larsson wrote:
> On Fri, 2004-04-23 at 15:20, Arafat Medini wrote:
>
> >  All the apps have it but the evo hackers don't seem to care.
> > I mean haw can you ignore over 50 countries using rtl scripts and
> > important languages such as Arabic hebrew persian etc... for an app like
> > Evo? Which is a core app in gnome and which everyone will want to use.
>
> It seems like you don't care either. Or did you forget to attach the
> patches to your email? This is free software, not "I pay a lot of money,
> so I get to order the authors around to fix my favorite bug".
>
> What exactly was the point of your email? Are you trying to get rtl
> support fixed, or just trying to badmouth the evolution developers and
> look like a jerk. If your goal was to get information about how you
> could fix evolution, or a request for volunteers to help fix evolution
> it was very badly worded. If you wanted to look like a jerk, it worked
> pretty well.

I'd like to say that I'm sorry about the harsh wording in my reply. That
was uncalled for, sorry about that Arafat.

However, I still think that people need to be careful when they write
emails like this. If you really want to better the situation, in this
case, get someone to help Ximian do RTL support, an email asking for
someone with RTL expertise to help you will in most cases work much
better than any sort of confronting email.