Re: Evolution and support for rtl languages

Am Son, 2004-05-02 um 17.25 schrieb Alexander Larsson:
> On Fri, 2004-04-30 at 18:04, Alexander Larsson wrote:
> > On Fri, 2004-04-23 at 15:20, Arafat Medini wrote:
> >
> > >  All the apps have it but the evo hackers don't seem to care.
> > > I mean haw can you ignore over 50 countries using rtl scripts and
> > > important languages such as Arabic hebrew persian etc... for an app like
> > > Evo? Which is a core app in gnome and which everyone will want to use.
> >
> > It seems like you don't care either. Or did you forget to attach the
> > patches to your email? This is free software, not "I pay a lot of money,
> > so I get to order the authors around to fix my favorite bug".
> >
> > What exactly was the point of your email? Are you trying to get rtl
> > support fixed, or just trying to badmouth the evolution developers and
> > look like a jerk. If your goal was to get information about how you
> > could fix evolution, or a request for volunteers to help fix evolution
> > it was very badly worded. If you wanted to look like a jerk, it worked
> > pretty well.
>
> I'd like to say that I'm sorry about the harsh wording in my reply. That
> was uncalled for, sorry about that Arafat.
>
> However, I still think that people need to be careful when they write
> emails like this. If you really want to better the situation, in this
> case, get someone to help Ximian do RTL support, an email asking for
> someone with RTL expertise to help you will in most cases work much
> better than any sort of confronting email.

Was my email confronting ? yep it was, Christian Rose told me the same
thing, and I instantly apologized and what came out of that discussion
was the mail I sent to the evo-hackers list.
So as you can see, I see my faults too. It's not like as I think "no no
everybody doesn't understand my point and only confrontation will help",
still in that moment my mail was harsh but I think it was fair, cz like
I told everyone, that thing happened and it made me angry and forgotten.
Still, as I'm telling you right now, response was "come on man we
understand your point but a little bit more polite is also good" but if
someone in that chatroom spoke with me with the same appreciation for
that problem would I write down a mail to complain? The i18n list was
really nice to me and the output was a polite mail.
But hey no problem! I hope at the end we'll all be happy ;) and truth is
sometimes its sunny and sometimes it's rainy...

yours
Arafat