XML Data over Internet

Hello everybody,

I am writing a program for GNOME that should use a information from a xml or plain file.For example,I have the file www.somedomain.com/somefile.xml or www.somedomain.com/somefile.txt and want to get the contents.How can I do this in C++ and are there any gnome libraries for xml processing ? And can I use a library to connect to internet and get the contents and not messing with the low-level sockets ? :)

Thanks in advance