Re: Gnome 2.6: What were you thinking?

On Tue, 2004-05-11 at 23:19, William Michael Grim wrote:
> So, anyway, please stop being arrogant and let your users do what they
> want.  Who cares if 5% of them choose the wrong colors?  There will always
> be stupid people in the world.

Where did this stupid meme that we don't have a color changing ui
because we don't want people to change colors come from? It totally
false, and makes no sense whatsoever. I guess if you repeat lies often
enough people will think they are true. We don't have such a ui (and we
never had one) because nobody did the work. I assume nobody did the work
because nobody personally thinks its high priority to work on.

Maybe now that everyone in the world suddenly thinks the most important
feature of a computer is to change ui colors someone will send in a
patch.

                   alexl redhat com    alla lysator liu se
He's an old-fashioned coffee-fuelled hairdresser whom everyone believes is
mad. She's a foxy nymphomaniac stripper with her own daytime radio talk show.
They fight crime!