Re: package update for the new mime system

Le mardi 28 septembre 2004 à 08:43 +0200, Zoltan Kota a écrit :
> Hi,
>
> I need some help for integrating our gnome application to the new mime
> system in gnome 2.8.
> We would like to register text/x-bibtex for our application. The desktop
> file is already updated with MimeType=text/x-bibtex;
> Do we need any other changes in the package? What I don't see is how the
> mime system (cache) will be updated when I install the program (eg. from
> tar.gz) ?!

You need to run update-desktop-database to update it. If your miime type
is not registered in the shared mime database, you may need to do
something like what is described at
http://www.freedesktop.org/Standards/AddingMIMETutor (ignore the
desktop:can-edit-with bit)

Hope that helps,