Re: Compile error in gst-plugins

В Чтв, 21/04/2005 в 11:27 +1000, Rod Butcher пишет:
> Greetings from Sydney, my first post here. I'm a C newbie learning as I
> go, using the 1999 university course by Dave Marshall as my reference.

You are welcome.

> When I compile the cvs head version of gst-plugins I get :-
>
> audioclock.c:33: error: syntax error before "gst_audio_clock_id_wait_async"
> audioclock.c:34: warning: type defaults to `int' in declaration of
> `gst_audio_clock_id_wait_async'
> audioclock.c:34: warning: data definition has no type or storage class
> audioclock.c: In function `gst_audio_clock_class_init':
> audioclock.c:82: warning: assignment from incompatible pointer type
> audioclock.c: At top level:
> audioclock.c:188: error: syntax error before "gst_audio_clock_id_wait_async"
>
> lines 33-34 read :-
> static GstClockEntryStatus gst_audio_clock_id_wait_async (GstClock * clock,
>      GstClockEntry * entry);
>
> As far as I understand, in line 33 it is trying to prototype
> gst_audio_clock_id_wait_async, specifying that GstClockEntryStatus will
> be the field returned from a call. Have I understood correctly ?
>
> Lines 187-197 read :-
> static GstClockEntryStatus
> gst_audio_clock_id_wait_async (GstClock * clock, GstClockEntry * entry)
> {
>    GstAudioClock *aclock = (GstAudioClock *) clock;
>
>    aclock->async_entries = g_slist_insert_sorted (aclock->async_entries,
>        entry, (GCompareFunc) compare_clock_entries);
>
>    /* is this the proper return val? */
>    return GST_CLOCK_EARLY;
> }
>
> I'd be really greatful if somebody could explain to this newbie what is
> going on & what is wrong here. Or  at least a ponter of how one proceeds
> in such a case.
> thanks
> Rod

Gstreamer project is during large rework now. To build gst-plugins CVS
HEAD you should use BRANCH-GSTREAMER-0_8 of gstreamer. Or you can use
gst-plugins-base to build with gstreamer-0.9. I hope that everything
became normal after few days.

The sense of the error is that GstClockEntryStatus was removed from
gstclock.h from gstreamer, but corresponding code in gst-plugins is not
ported to that change yet. gstclock.h is included from
gst/gstsystemclock.h that in theory should be included in audioclock.h
and thus in audioclock.c. It's always useful to grep code for
declaration to find if something missing