Re: freedesktop.org compliance, trashcan

On Tue, 2005-02-15 at 10:23 +0100, Maurizio Colucci wrote:
> I am programming a file manager (http://onefinger.sf.net) and I would
> like to share my trashcan with the one used by gnome. I am running gnome
> 2.8 on debian sid and I noticed the directory used by gnome as the "home
> trash directory" is ~/.Trash. This does not seem compliant with the
> freedesktop.org specification:
>
>    http://www.ramendik.ru/docs/trashspec.html
>
> , according to which the dir should be ~/.local/Trash (since
> $XDG_DATA_HOME is not defined on my system).
>
> I would like to know your position about this. :-)

I'm not an expert, but I think it's ~/.Trash, because that's "the way
it's always been"-- the freedesktop ~/.local spec is newer than
Nautilus, and it just hasn't been migrated to. It's too late for 2.10,
but ears will probably be open after the release-- Especially since one
of the lead Nautilus devs has his name on the spec. :)