Re: Top menu bar

On Sat, 2005-12-02 at 13:05 -0800, Shaun Jackman wrote:
> First off, what is the gnome user's mailing list?
>
> I scoured the preferences but was unable to find an option for a
> top-menu-bar akin to OS X or KDE. Does this feature exist, and if so
> where do I find it?
>
> Please cc me in your reply, and thanks for your help; I'm a recent
> convert from KDE.
> Shaun

You should consider subscribing to gnome-list, which is probably the
best place. Technically this is supposed to be a place to discuss the
actual development of GNOME, but most developers have long since
retreated from this particular list.

I'm assuming you mean placing the menu entries in a panel at the top of
the screen? If you think its an important feature you can look through
bugzilla to see if its there already, and add it if its not. However I
think you will find that GNOME is a lot more cautious about adding
features; you will have to make a very good case for such a profound
divergence from they way things work today. Simply raising a stink won't
work, you'll have to really do your homework if its important to you.

Cheers,
Ryan