Re: what we need to make apps use gtk instead of libgnome/ui

Kristof Vansant wrote:
I think esd should be optional. Using gstreamer makes this possible.
But I agree that gstreamer should have a simple api that could replace
the esd code. Any gstreamer developers here that can comment on this?

Hi hi,

We have the discussion a while ago. The problem was nobody could decide where it belongs to. Initially one can belive all it needs is a simple wrapper lib that offers that API. While that is possible, it would not mimic the behaviour of esd in terms of caching sound snippets etc. (or at least that would need more work).

Ciao
  Stefan