what we need to make apps use gtk instead of libgnome/ui

I think one of the important things missing at the moment, is good
documentation for developers how they can switch from gnome widgets to
gtk widgets. A lot of gnome stuff is deprecated but still used in a lot
of projects.

Guides that should be possible to write but I can't find:
GnomeFileEntry -> ?
GnomeAppBar -> GtkStatusbar + GtkProgressBar
GnomeEntry -> GtkEntry + ? (to save the history)
GnomeCanvas -> GtkCanvas (gtk 2.8)
esd -> gstreamer
gnome_config_* -> ?

widgets and functions missing in gtk at the moment, so can't be
replaced:
GnomeDruid
GnomeHREF
GnomeDateEdit ?
gnome_help_*
gnome_url_*
session support

I hope someone would write those guide so we can start replacing code.
Or set up a wiki and when the documentation is done include it into the
gtk api guide.