Re: What happened to GnomeNumberEntry GnomeLess

On Fri, 2005-14-01 at 12:14 -0700, Jeff Dever wrote:
> Hello All,
>
> Where oh where did the GnomeLess and GnomeNumberEntry widgets go?  They
> were part of Gnome 1.0, but after the refactoring of 2.0 they are no
> longer present in libgnomeui.  I don't see that they have been pushed
> down to GTK+ and can't find them anywhere.  I would like to use both of
> these (or something highly similar) in a radio astronomy processing package.
>
> The Glade2 tutorial lists them as "missing" along with several others:
> http://www.kplug.org/glade_tutorial/glade2_tutorial/gladewidgets4.html#missing
>
> -jsd

Ah ucalgary, the old alma mater. Say hi to Richard for me. ;)

I can't say where they went but I do know that gnomeui is going the way
of the Dodo. The good widgets there are getting punted to better places
(mostly GTK+ proper), or dropped. Based on my googling I suspect that
those widgets were considered of limited usefulness, and were just
dropped outright.

Perhaps you can track down the maintainers of gnomeui or try the gtk-
devel list.

Cheers,
Ryan