undefined reference to `pango_font_get_font_map'

Hello!

I am trying to compile Gnome from cvs, using JHBuild. I can compile
vte, because I get this error:

  /opt/gnome2/lib/libpangocairo-1.0.so: undefined reference to
`pango_font_get_font_map'

I have googled for it, but I have turned up nothing that has worked
for me. I found others that have hadthe same problem, and for them, a
solution. But the solution did not work for me!

Here is that page:
   http://mail.directfb.org/pipermail/directfb-dev/2005-March/000168.html

Any ideas to why? I followed this guide to compile Gnome CVS:
   http://www.gnome.org/~newren/tutorials/developing-with-gnome/html/ch04.html

 // Leif Dyvik