Re: Allow donations for precise bugs

On Sat, 2005-03-12 at 12:08 +0100, Murray Cumming wrote:
> On Sat, 2005-03-12 at 09:12 +0100, Maurizio Colucci wrote:
> > 3. when, and if, the *overall* donation for a given feature reaches a certain
> > threshold,

> This should only be allowed where the maintainer has said that he would
> like a patch for the bug/feature.

And it should be dependent on the code that gets implemented actually
being accepted by maintainers into a release. We need to make sure the
code quality and consistency in GNOME remains as high as it is.

Basically this would be community driven bounties. I wrote a big rant to
Eugenia suggesting she set something like this up after a long thread on
desktop-devel but I never sent it since it was kinda ranty.

I think its a great idea though.

Ian