RE: hiding gnome-panel using bonobo

On Tue, 2005-29-03 at 12:31 +0530, Manikandan Thangavelu wrote:

> I am developing an Xwindow application in which I want to lock down the
> user i.e.the user should not be able to switch to another application
> once he/she has started our application until he/she quits our
> application.The plan right now is to block the shortcut keys and hide
> the panel wich are the means to switch to another aplication.Blocking
> the shortcut keys is almost over and need to hide the panel.
> Any way for this?
>
> Thanks and Regards,
> Manikandan T

Sounds like exactly what xlock does, have you looked at their source
code?

AFAIK you don't even need to touch KDE or Gnome for this, you should
just be able to write an app that steals all key and mouse events at the
X level. To make the app properly fullscreen, you have to cooperate with
the window manager, but once again, look at xlock.

Good luck!

Cheers,
Ryan