From: Ryan McDougall [mailto:NQG24419 nifty com]
Sent: 29 March 2005 12:20
To: Manikandan Thangavelu
Cc: Nickolay V. Shmyrev; Gnome Development
Subject: RE: hiding gnome-panel using bonobo

On Tue, 2005-29-03 at 11:47 +0530, Manikandan Thangavelu wrote:

> Thanks for your answer. KDE has got DCOP for interprocess
communication and there is a method called Hide provided for the panel
there which we can call to hide the panel. Is any similar mechanism
available for gnome-panel?

> Thanks in Advance,
> Manikandan T

The Gnome equivalent of DCOP (and hopefully someday KDE too) is a
freedesktop standard called DBus, which is heavily based on DCOP. As for
your actual questions, I'm not sure if gnome-panel exports a DBus
service, probably not since its overdue for an overhaul someday.

Can you tell us why you want to hide the panel? Maybe there's another
way?

Cheers,
Ryan
Visit our Website at http://www.rmesi.co.in

This message is confidential. You should not copy it or disclose its contents to anyone. You may use and apply the information for the intended purpose only. Internet communications are not secure; therefore, RMESI does not accept legal responsibility for the contents of this message. Any views or opinions presented are those of the author only and not of RMESI. If this email has come to you in error, please delete it, along with any attachments. Please note that RMESI may intercept incoming and outgoing email communications.

This email has been scanned for viruses by Trend ScanMail.