Re: mass file delete problem with nautilus ?

On Thu, 2005-09-01 at 14:29 +0200, Xavier Bestel wrote:
> On Thu, 2005-09-01 at 14:15, Rod Butcher wrote:
> > I've had a problem occurring fairly regularly when I use nautilus to
> > empty a lot of ext3 files (1000's) from the wastebasket - after a while
> > the disk goes into "read-only" state - cant delete or create any files.
> > Yet hdparm shows the disk is still in readwrite mode.
>
> Looks like your drive is faulty, and your fstab is set to remount the
> filesystem readonly on errors. My advice: make backups, fast ! And buy
> another disk.
But this only occurs with nautilus. I just used konqueror to delete
several gig of files from its trashcan, no problem. This disk gets a
regular pounding, and never shows any signs of failure. Only problem
ocrurs with nautilus, with mass deletes from trashcan. Does nautilus
check for errors that would not otherwise be detected ??