Re: Problems when logging in to Gnome under SuSE 9.3

Sorry, that should read "I recompiled the kernel with no APIC or LAPIC
support". Even though it's not supposed to matter, I had an unusable box
until I got rid of this in the kernel - it only became a problem when I
loaded the ethernet driver : gnome apps seemed to be hanging up
somewhere in thread allocation..
Rod