Re: SCons'ified PyGTK

On Thu, Dec 29, 2005 at 06:35:19PM +0000, Gustavo J. A. M. Carneiro wrote:

>   Behold! A SCons'ified PyGTK is now available:
>
> http://www.gnome.org/~gjc/pygtk-2.8.3.tar.gz
> http://www.gnome.org/~gjc/pygtk-scons.diff
>
>   It needs scons 0.96.91, instead of make.  I had to invest a lot of
> effort and time to make this happen, due to missing functionality in
> base scons.  However, I tried to be careful to split out generic
> functionality into a separate 'scons tool' that could potentically be
> reused outside of PyGTK.  I didn't test it on win32, but in theory it
> should work, with more or less adjustments.
>
> [snip snip]

PyGTK runs fine on Solaris, HP-UX, AIX, Tru64 UNIX, and IRIX. Does
scons know how to build shared libraries intelligently on these
platforms? Is the intention to ditch autoconf/libtool in favor of
scons?

With autoconf, setting things like an alternate bin directory
(--bindir=<path>) and alternate python installation prefix
(am_cv_python_pyexecdir=<path>) are trivial. What about scons?

--
albert chin (china thewrittenword com)