gnome-terminal

Hi
I am sorry to be posting this here if it's not the right place, but I
wasn't able to find a specific gnome-terminal list.
It seems as if gnome-terminal 2.6.1 has decided to hold my Page_up and
Page_down keys hostage and it will not release them. In 2.4, I was able
to use the scroll bar by pressing the Shift+Page_up/dn keys. Without
using the shift key, page up/dn would transmit the correct string to my
terminal program. No matter what I try, I can't get that old behavior
back. I need to have pg up and pg dn transmit xterm equivalent strings
again.
Any ideas greatly appreciated and pleas point me to the right place if
this is not it.
TIA