key listener

Hello
I have to use python to build an application

The application has a window with some textboxes. These textboxes should be able  to identify the keyboard keys pressed including control, shift , Alt etc. And then I need to pass this text from textbox to some file..

I have not done any programming in gnome and so have no idea whether this would python or GTK-glade.......and how this can be done. Someone please guide me on how to do this if this is possible using python. I can use X11Grabkey function etc. for analysing the keys but the interface is still a problem....

Thanks
Neha