Re: Help with autoconf/Gnome directoryies

On Wed, 2006-03-22 at 09:17 -0800, Micah Carrick wrote:
> Could use some help here, I'm a bit confused with common directories for
> installing my Gnome application.
>
> My makefiles end up having $(datadir) point to /usr/local/share/,
> however, all the other applications on my Gnome system seem to be using
> /usr/share/.  Furthermore, libglade is looking for pixmaps in
> /usr/share/pixmaps (I think) and mine are being installed to
> /usr/local/share/pixmaps.  Can anyone tell me if I'm doing something
> wrong?

You're not doing something "wrong": third party applications should be
installed in /usr/local as /usr could be set as read-only (as per the
FHS).

Just use the --prefix switch of the configure script.

./configure --help should show you more switches.

Ciao,
 Emmanuele.

--
Emmanuele Bassi - <ebassi gmail com>