Re: gnome-format 0.1 - UI suggestions wanted!

hi �ienne;

On Wed, 2007-02-07 at 18:09 +0100, �ienne Bersac wrote:
> Hi,
>
> The software is quite nice. Here are some comments :
>
>       * It would  be nice to right-clic on a device in computer:/// to
>         launch gnome-format for a specific device throught the
>         contextual menu

it's a matter of making nautilus call gnome-format instead of gfloppy.

>       * I do not see ext3, i guess that's important to use journalised
>         FS on hotplugable device, especially for users who forget to
>         unmount before unplug.

ext3, or any journaled filesystem for that matter, on a flash memory
device is a no-no, as the journal would disrupt the write queue that the
devices use to optimise the flash usage.  on a USB hard drive, though,
it might be worth using - even though consistency of the filesystem
doesn't automatically mean consistency of the data on the filesystem.

ciao,
 Emmanuele.

--
Emmanuele Bassi,  E: ebassi gmail com