Re: Call for devs: gnome-format

hi Paul;

On Mon, 2007-01-29 at 20:07 -0500, Paul Betts wrote:
> Hi, I'm working on a program written in Python + PyGTK that will
> hopefully be included in GNOME once it's finished, but I'm not too handy
> with Python and I'd like to work with some people who are better at it.
> Thoughts, comments, complaints, etc are also welcome!

I think it's a cool idea, and I know at least another person working on
something similar, so you could probably share efforts; if you want, I
can privately send you his email.

as a suggestion, you can have a look at how gfloppy uses HAL for
enumerating the floppy/removable devices.  I'll probably be deprecating
gfloppy from gnome-utils if no-one steps up and make it work with every
removable device and not just floppies, so I'd really like a replacement
for the next development cycle; possibly, written in C and not in a
higher level language.

keep up the good work!

ciao,
 Emmanuele.