Re: GNOME "Save as" dialog; Keyboard indicator applet

Murray Cumming wrote:
On Wed, 2007-03-21 at 16:10 +0000, Sergey Udaltsov wrote:
Hello Lumir

For one of my projects I need to have a standard GNOME keyboard
indicator applet loaded automatically after Ubuntu installation process
(for the standard user). User can't do this manually, because he will
have a limited access to the configuration options (limited to zero
:-)). I am looking how to do this. Is there any chance to put the applet
to the panel from the command line (gconftool-2 has some options, but
until now I don't know how exactly do this). Can you kick me at the
right direction, please? :-)
Unfortunately you cannot add applets from the command line. This is
one of the most annoying design issues with the current panel
architecture.

The only solution I can propose would require some hacking - creating
a notification area application which would embed the indicator widget
(available from libgnomekbd). It is a low-to-medium complexity task
for C developer.

Cheers,

Surely this is something that our "User Profile Editor" (sabayon) can
do. You just open a GNOME session in the User Profile Editor, add the
applet to the panel, configure the applet, close the session, and mark
the changes as for every user.
Thx. a lot, I think that this can solve my problem with keyboard applet for now.

And what about the second question? I was looked that the "Save as" dialog is defined at libgtk2 package. So I was wondering if this is the right place for filtering the directory structure that is displayed to user.

Regards.

Lumir

--
Lumír Jasiok