how do i build a single gnome application

I am new to gnome development. I learnt PyGTK and want to contribute to gnome.

I want to work on smaller packages initially and dont want to go
through the entire gnome build process (due to slow internet).

I have installed jhbuild from this guide http://live.gnome.org/Jhbuild

I have reached upto the command

export PATH=$PATH:~/bin

I want to work on Gwget. I have downloaded gwget from svn and tried to
built it using "./configure - make - make install" but it didnt work.

Is it possible to use jhbuild to build only the gwget module.