What is the plan for themes for new gdm?

Guys,

I pulled my hair out searching in vain for a way to apply a theme to gdm 2.30. After chasing my tail and wondering why google and the gdm reference manual were blank on how to theme this thing, I finally found the answer on the Arch Linux list --> you can't --> your screwed?

Huh? How does it benefit gnome to have a 'new' gdm that is butt-ugly with the default simple-greeter that you can't re-theme? What's the plan for solving this problem? Is it just one of those "It's in the work" issues or is it one of the "not going to happen" issues?

	What will become of that huge body of good gdm themes currently available?

--
David C. Rankin, J.D.,P.E.
Rankin Law Firm, PLLC