wnck_window_activate() not working properly

Hi,

I wrote a simple program to activate a window when it opens. But the activated window is not able to take keyboard inputs (e.g., I can't open "File" in the menu bar when I hit "Alt-F" upon activation). I get the keyboard input only when I click the window with my mouse. Am I missing anything obvious here??

By the way, I also get the following error:
Wnck-WARNING **: Received a timestamp of 0; window activation may not function properly.
I am getting this error even when I give gtk_get_current_event_time() as the timestamp to wnck_window_activate().

Thanks in advance.

--
regards,
Nischal E Rao