Re: How to prevent gnome-settings-daemon from touching keyboard configuration at all?

On 31/10/2012 20:27, Vasily Khoruzhick wrote:
> Layout switch key specified in xorg.conf still is not working. Is this
> setting global or per-user?
>
> I've recompiled gnome-settings-daemon without keyboard plugin at all,
> and settings from xorg.conf have expected
> effect, but I prefer less invasive changes.

It's a per-user setting. As for removing the keyboard plugin, that's also quite
possible without recompiling -- just remove
/usr/lib/gnome-settings-daemon-3.0/libkeyboard.so and
/usr/lib/gnome-settings-daemon-3.0/keyboard.gnome-settings-plugin.

P.S. Please don't send me a direct mail when you reply -- I read this list
through gmane.

--
Kind regards,
Loong Jin